As I sit here, swishing coconut oil in my mouth (which sounds disgusting!) I can’t help but share with you all why you should be doing it too!
Oil pulling is not only great for your dental health and whitening your teeth, but your immune system and wellbeing. Your mouth is home to millions of bacteria and toxins and Oil Pulling can pull out the bad stuff before it has chance to spread throughout your body.
So say hello to whiter and brighter teeth, clearer skin, stronger teeth, jaw and gums – and give Oil Pulling a try!
How to Oil Pull with Coconut Oil:
- Put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into the mouth and chew until it melts. You can always try just a teaspoon to start with. I’d definitely recommend doing this first thing in the morning.
- Swish for 15-20minutes. I’m either doing this whilst in the shower, watching youtube videos, cooking breakfast or dancing round my kitchen. 20 minutes might be difficult at first, and your jaw might ache! But if you’re finding it difficult, maybe just try 10 minutes at first, and increase a few minutes at a time or even take a break and start again using a fresh spoon of coconut oil.
- Spit the oil into the bin (not the sink, as coconut oil can solidify and clog pipes!) and do not swallow, as that oil now contains all the nasty bacteria and toxins that are now not living in your mouth (yummy….)
- Rince your mouth with a little warm salt water. I always rinse again after this with warm water.
- Brush and floss as normal to finish. And smile!
Let me know how you get on with your Oil Pulling experience! Remember this is something that you can put into your daily morning routine and see the long term benefits.